Kareri Lake Trek
An untouched glacial lake near to the capital city of Delhi.
Kareri lake trek from Dharamshala takes you to one of the most quaint shallow freshwater glacial lakes in Himachal Pradesh.
- A 3-day trek to the beautiful lake at an altitude of 3300m.
- A trekking experience through the dense forest.
- Camping near the lake and spending a night in the Kareri village.
- Cross Nyund stream during the trek.
- Fixed Departures: All available dates on the calendar are bookable.
- Daily Availability: Guaranteed departure for even a single member.
- Dharamshala Pick-up: Transportation cost included.
Kareri trek starts from Dharamshala; about 9 km from Mcleodganj. The lake is situated at a height of 3300 m above the sea level. This beautiful lake is formed as a result of the melting of winter snow from the Dhauladhar mountains feeding water to the lake. The lake has spectacular surroundings that lure trekkers from all around the world. The Dhauladhar range remains snow covered in the beginning months of the year and the magnificent views are the chief attraction. Starting from Ghera village, the trail goes through dense Himalayan forests, scenic valleys, and uneven terrains. Considered to be a good option for the first time as well as experienced trekkers. The trek is considered as an easy to moderate level difficulty.
This trek in Kangra district is open from April mid till July end. Trail gets closed during the rains. After the monsoons, the trail is open for trekkers until mid-November. There are changes of witnessing some snow during the month of April. Weather in Kareri region can drop to 12-14 degrees at night in the month of April, May, June, and July. It can go down to 4-9 degrees in the month of November.
The best thing about trekking in Himachal is the easy accessibility to various parts of the region. Starting from Delhi you can reach Dharamshala comfortably by Volvo buses. An overnight journey and you're in Dharamshala.
Day 1: Dharamshala - Kareri Village - Reoti Camp | 25 km drive - 6 km, 4/5 hrs trek
- You will be driven from Ghera to Kareri village.
- This road trip will take 4-5 hours to reach Kareri village.
- You will be having packed lunch on the way.
- Upon your arrival in Kareri, you will be trekking for about 4-5 hours to the beautiful campsite of Reoti and the last one hour of the trek is slightly steep and passes through dense forest.
- Once you have arrived at the camp and you may have a warm cup of tea and snacks. Overnight stay in dome tents at Reoti and dinner will be served at the camp.
- If the weather permits, you would have a bonfire by the campsite while having dinner.
Day 2: Reoti - Kareri Lake (10170 ft) - 5 km trek - 4 hrs
- On the second day you will start your day as early and after your breakfast ahead towards nature’s wonder.
- It will take you about 2-3 hours to reach Kareri Lake from Reoti on foot.
- You will have lunch at Kareri Lake.
- An overnight stay will be arranged at Kareri Lake and you will have dinner under the glimmering stars.
- A bonfire will be arranged there if the weather is clear.
Day 3: Kareri Lake - Kareri Village - 10 km trek | Ghera to Dharamshala- 1 hrs drive
- On the third day, you will start your day with a warm cup of tea.
- After freshening up, you will have your breakfast and trek 10 km back to the Kareri village.
- From the village, you will be driven back to Dharamshala. Estimated time of reaching is evening by 4-5 pm.
- Pickup and drop from Dharamshala/Mcleodganj
- Food as per menu on the trek
- Services of trek guide, cook and helpers
- Porters or mules for carrying common luggage
- Safety & camping equipment
- Services of a trek leader
- Stay in camps/homestay/dome tents, sleeping bags, sleeping mats
- Facility to keep you extra luggage at the Reporting Base Camp
- Forest Entry/Permissions/Permits and Camping Charges , if any
- Experienced & professional guides
- First Aid and Certification on Completion
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 4690 Per Person