Hutbay Island - Little Andaman 5 Day Package
Little Andaman Island, situated 125 kilometres south of the South Andaman Island by sea from Port Blair. Little Andaman Island is the fourth largest island in Andaman and Nicobar. There are daily packaged tours that take visitors from Port Blair to the Little Andaman Island.
The island is covered in rainforests and if visitors are lucky, they may even spot some marine turtles out on the beach! Waterfalls dot the island here and there, adding to the island’s beauty.
Little Andaman lighthouse makes for a worthwhile excursion. 200 spiral steps lead to magnificent views over the coastline and forest. A motorcycle is the easiest way to get to the lighthouse - although a bicycle or an auto-rickshaw ride followed by an hour long walk down a deserted beach is an equally enticing option.
- Indulge in Snorkeling, Diving, Swimming, Game Fishing, Coral watching, Sun Basking etc.
- Boating at the creek near Butler Bay gives a chance to catch a glimpse of some rare bird species.
- Butler Bay Beach is also home to some of the rarest marine turtles
- Visit one of the top surfing locations in India
Day 1: Port Blair to Hutbay Island | Ferry Tranfer
Pick up from Port Blair city and procced towards Phoenix Bay Harbour / Inter Island Helicopter Terminal Port Blair Airport in the morning / afternoon as per ticket reservation in Ferry / Helicopter as desired mode of transportation. (The entire day will be used for travelling and leisure day after arrival either travelling in the morning / afternoon). after reaching, check-in to our resort and relax with the ambience or dine in the attached resto-bar. Our resort is housed in a beach location, so travelers can relax on the hammocks provided.
Day 2: Harminder Bay Beach - Nicobari Tribal Area - Netaji Nagar Beach
At about 09:00 Hrs., after breakfast, proceed towards Harminder Bay Beach to enjoy sun basking and shallow open ocean ride. Next, proceed towards the aborigine’s heritage of the islands and visit the Nicobari Tribal Area, friendly people with a deep retrospect of their culture and artistic approach. This place is also locally known as Tribal Basti. Next, proceed to Netaji Nagar Beach, 11-kms from the Hutbay Jetty is a white sandy beach suitable for sun basking post lunch. Ending the day trip with overnight stay at the resort here. Our resort is housed on this beach.
Day 3: Sea Chattan - White Surf Waterfall - Whisper Wave Waterfall - Elephant Ride - Palm Plantation
At about in a leisure morning time, after breakfast, proceed towards the Sea Chattan and Water Fall for which the place is well known. There are two waterfalls in the island. White Surf Waterfall which is 6.5 Kms from Hut Bay Jetty in the midst of the evergreen rainforest is an ideal picnic spot. The waterfall is big and true to its name – White Surf. The sight of white foamy water streaming down a small hill is worth watching. The entire place is covered with lush green forests and is ideal for nature lovers. You may also trek to the top of the waterfall which is kind of a pool up on the hill. There are a few small creeks that you would cross when you walk for the waterfall. Whisper Wave Waterfall located 25-km from the Hutbay Jetty. This waterfall is alsoin the midst of the jungle. Journey to this waterfall includes 4-km trekking through the forest which involves a trek through the rain forest.
Up next, post lunch, proceed towards the activity of Elephant Ride (subject to availability and on spot payment) from The Andaman & Nicobar Forest and Plantation Development Corporation Ltd. which operates the Red Oil Palm Plantation (Dalda Manufacturing Plant) that has elephants for its forestry operation and elephant calves training inside the forest. Some of the elephants are available for jungle ride in spare time. Little Andaman is famous for its Red Oil Palm Plantation run by ANIFPDCL, 11-km from the jetty. The plantation is spread over an area of 1,593 hectares. A factory for extraction of palm oil is also run by the ANIFPDCL. Tourist can visit the plantation as well as the factory and see the different stages of oil palm fruit production and oil extraction. This can be visited while traveling between the white surf waterfall. After this, proceed next to Kalaphattar Beach, for a very wonderful evening sunset and beach walk. (Please note this Kalaphattar Beach is very much different and differently located from the Kalaphattar Beach that is in Havelock Island).
Day 4: Butler Bay Beach - Rabindra Nagar Dam
In the beautiful morning, after breakfast, procced for the very fascinating Butler Bay Beach is the most famous and beautiful beach in Little Andamans. It lies at a distance of 14 Kms from the Hut Bay Jetty. Butler Bay is a beautiful beach suitable for Sun Basking, Coral Viewing, Surfing, Snorkeling etc. Boating through the creek near the beach is an exciting experience. Before lunch, marking the end of this entire day trip, end the day by having a scientific and technological trip aspect of Little Andaman by a visit to the state of the art Hydroelectric Power Plant situated at R.K. Pur well known as the Rabindra Nagar Dam / R.K. Pur Dam maintained by the administration for the safe propagation of electricity for domestic as well as commercial purposes locally. Half
day at leisure and overnight halt at the resort suggested.
Day 5: Departure
Departure and checkout from the resort back to Port Blair by sea or air transport from Hutbay with great memories to cherish. After reaching Port Blair, pick up from airport / Harbour / Hutbay Helipad to Port Blair Airport Helicopter Terminal and dropping back to the starting point or hotel as per reservation. (The entire day will be used for travelling and leisure day after arrival either travelling in the morning / afternoon). Planning the final departure from Andamans, the next day is most advisable and recommended.
- Pick up and drop from Port Blair to Port Blair and inside Hutbay region as mentioned above.
- Ground logistic support from Port Blair – Hutbay and then Hutbay – Port Blair.
- Accommodation as mentioned above in budget accommodation in A/C at Hutbay at the resort mentioned
- The rooms are standard double bedded rooms beach huts at the suggested resort. All basic room amenities are provided with room services also.
- The rooms in resort in this package are in CP plan of meal. Breakfast is complimentary for all days in
- the package.
- Child below the age 5 years is complimentary entirely in rooms and tours also. Rest all above five years will be compulsorily treated as an extra adult only and will be charged for full as per an adult.
- The entire tour is subject to availability confirmation and strict whether conditions.
- Our resort has in-house bar, paramedic support, police interceptor outpost unit, tribal protection force unit, forest guards, local life guards, wireless radios for remote contact, RCR (Resort Control Room) equipped with latest one to one mass communication devices with transmitting and receiving stations at
- Port Blair & Hutbay and a private beach.
- Fun surfing and professional surfing activities are run at extra pricing basis at professional and licensed surfing centers.
- Seating in air and water transport are clean and comfortable and conditioned as per whether conditions.
- Seating in helicopter are conditioned and in ferry also conditioned cabin will be provided in case of availability only, if not the similar category or equivalent seating arrangements will be made for journey.
- All applicable taxes and surcharges. Anything extra due to sudden hike due to govt. regulations will be charged extra.
- All boat tickets, passenger entry permits, island excursion, forest permits, boat charges etc.
- Accommodation in Port Blair or in transit stay arrangements in any other island during the trip except for that mentioned above in Hutbay.
- No meals or snacks in Port Blair or Hutbay as per inclusions.
- No complimentary activities or water sports.
- No air or ship tickets from or to Port Blair to mainland India.
- Extra expenses like telephone bills, laundry, internet or extra expenses or personal expenditure, shopping etc.
- Medical or life insurance if any.
- Fishing gears or any equipment’s required hereby to perform any activity.
- Full amount in advance is needed to confirm the reservations and no refund will be processed against any cancellations out of our bound like helicopter cancellations, ferry cancellations, unavailability or very bad weather or any natural calamity or civic disorder.
- Auto rickshaws, taxis, buses, motorbikes and cycles are available for transport.
- Only SBI & A&N State Cooperative Bank & ATM’s are available there till date. Only BSNL covers network over there in 2G at isolated parts of the island. However, resort has land phone and cellular connectivity throughout the small town.
- The ferry ship is run by Directorate of Shipping, Andaman & Nicobar Administration and the name of the vessels plying on this route are MV BHARAT SEEMA and MV NORTH PASSAGE which operates only twice a week. Seating capacity varies from 50-100.
- The air transport is administered by PAVAN HANS HELICOPTER SERVICES LTD. Operated by Directorate of Civil Aviation, Andaman & Nicobar Administration. Currently
- Two helicopters are deployed namely PH-II & PH-IV which operates on all days except Sundays. Seating capacity varies from 06 to 09.
- Carrying / killing / poaching / extracting live corals and turtles is an offence which will be dealt very strictly which can attract life time imprisonment also.
- Corals can be bought as souvenirs from shops with proper bills so that the tourists are allowed to depart safely.
- Advance permissions have to be taken from the Tehsildar and APWD (Andaman Public Works Department) in order to visit some off-beat places at least a week prior.
- There are some places which are non- bound for tourists especially in the tribal regions, where entry might be prohibited at all times.
- Hutbay is a remote island and not much facilities and higher luxury amenities are available here till date. After Tsunami of 2004, it was devastated but still the beaches here retain their beauty.
- Beware of crocodiles and beach flies. The staff will escort you throughout if the proper norms are followed. Carrying ID cards and light weight luggage is most recommended.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes all government on forest department permits needed for this trip are arranged by us and included in package. We would take each passenger's details from you once online booking is confirmed.
57 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
- Pick-up from Port Blair Airport or Hotel. Driver will meet you at Arrivals Terminal or Hotel Lobby.
- If your Flights are already booked, please mention your Flight No. and Airline Name during checkout.
₹ 13980 Per Person