Muziris Local Guided Tour From Kochi
Muziris, the treasure chest for British, the Dutch, the Arabs, The Jews for trading spices, silk, and precious stones. This place still smells of that old glory days, glory, pride and greatness is in the air!
- A chance to explore the grand history of Muziris
- Oldest mosque in India
- Experiment the spicy Kerala Cuisine
- Get to know about the indigenous culture
- Pick-up from your hotel in Kochi at 9 am
- First place of the visit will be Paliam Kovilakam (palace). Famous for it's Dutch and Kerala style architecture
- Then we will visit Old Synagogue of Malabar Jews in Chennamangalam
- Followed by Kudumbashree's - Women self-help group, promoting gender equality and communal harmony - visit program to the Chennamangalam village. You'll be welcomed in a traditional manner with flower, traditional drumming and welcome drink.
- Traditional meal cooking demonstration followed by Sadhya, a traditional vegetarian meal served on banana leaf
- Visit the village Handloom workshop and witness the skilled weavers do what they do best.
- The last place of the tour will be our visit to Pattanam Museum, famous for its artefacts and evidence of early Roman trade with India
- Get dropped back to the hotel
- English speaking guide for the whole tour
- Hotel pick-up & drop
- Entrances fees
- Traditional lunch
- Day activities as mentioned in the plan