Khajuraho 3-Day Sightseeing Tour from Bhopal
Explore the medieval group of monuments of Khajuraho on this multi-day tour from the city of Bhopal and let the historical era unfold its glory to enchant you.
- Take a tour of the monuments which stand tall since the 11th century.
- Explore the Kandariya Mahadev Temple, Devi Jagadambika Temple, Chaturbhuj Temple and many more during this tour.
- Service of an experienced driver and a comfortable vehicle.
Khajuraho Group of Monuments is a group of Hindu and Jain Temples, located in the Chhatarpur region of Madhya Pradesh. These group of ancient monuments are one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India. The temples are famous for their nagara-style architectural symbolism and their sculptors. Most of these architectural marvels were built between 950 and 1050 by the Chandela dynasty, they were all built together but were dedicated to both Hinduism and Jainism.
Day 1: Bhopal - Khajuraho - Local Sightseeing
- On the first day, your tour will begin with an early morning pick-up from your hotel/residence in Bhopal city limits.
- You will be driven for about 370 kilometres to Khajuraho and after arrival, you may check-in to your hotel in Khujaraho city limits.
- The guests may want to relax a little before starting the tour for the day. Please note that most of the temples close at 12 pm and reopen at 4 pm.
- Our team suggests the following temple visits:
- Kandariya Mahadeva Temple: Kandariya Mahadeva Temple, meaning "the Great God of the Cave", is the largest and most ornate Hindu temple in the medieval temple group found at Khajuraho.
- Devi Jagadambika Temple: One from the group of 25 temples, this temple is one of the most finely decorated temples at Khajuraho.
- Chitragupta Temple: This 11th-century temple is dedicated to the sun god 'Surya'. This is classified as a Monument of National Importance, by Archaeological Survey of India.
- After the completion of the tour, the guests will be dropped back at your hotel in Khajuraho city limits.
Day 2: Khajuraho Local Sightseeing
- On the second day, the driver will pick up the guests from the hotel at the time communicated to the driver by the guests.
- The guests may choose to visit the following suggested places or add a few of your own:
- Chaturbhuj Temple: This temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and its name literally means 'one who has four arms'. This marvel was built in the year of 1100 AD.
- Duladeo Temple: This east facing Hindu temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and was constructed in between 1000-1150 AD.
- Nandi Temple: This temple is dedicated to Nandi 'The Bull', which serves as the mount of Lord Shiva.
- Javari Temple: Javari temple is a temple which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and was built between 975 and 1100 A.D, the main idol is broken and is headless.
- Varaha Temple: This temple enshrines a colossal monolithic image of Varaha, the boar incarnation of Lord Vishnu. This temple depicts Varaha as a purely animal form.
- Vishvanatha Temple: Yet again a temple dedicated to Lord Shiva, and the name literally means 'Lord of the Universe'.
- Parshvanatha Temple: It is a 10th-century Jain temple at Khajuraho, it is now dedicated to Parshvanatha, although it was probably built as an Adinatha shrine during the Chandela period.
- Vamana Temple: It is a Hindu temple dedicated to Vamana, an avatar of the god Vishnu. The temple was built between assignable to circa 1050-75.
- Chausath Yogini Temple: This rectangular plan temple is the oldest surviving temple of Khujaraho.
- Matangeshvara Temple: Among the Chandela-era monuments of Khajuraho, it is the only Hindu temple that is still actively used for worship.
- Post completion of the tour, the guests will be dropped back at your hotel in Khajuraho.
Day 3: Khajuraho - Bhopal
- After the pick up from the hotel, the following places may be visited before starting the return journey to Bhopal.
- Ghantai Temple: This is a ruined Jain temple in the Khajuraho, it was dedicated to the Jain Tirthankara Rishabhanatha.
- Shivasagar Lake, the lakes falls next to the renowned western group of the temples.
- Post the tour you will be driven back to Bhopal and on the way, you may choose to have a stop beside the Benisagar Reservoir.
- Hotel pickup and drop within Bhopal city limits.
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- The driver accommodation and meals.
- Usage of the vehicle for 900 kilometres (can be extended with additional charges).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 10790 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.