Mayapur and Nabadwip Day Tour from Kolkata
Take a tour of the religious capital of Vaishnavism on a day tour from Kolkata, explore the place which is soon going to be the home to the World's largest Vedic Centre. Come visit Mayapur and its neighbouring town Nabadwip.
- Explore the famous ISKCON temple of Mayapur, a major centre of pilgrimage which hosts more than a million tourist from all over the world.
- Visit Nabadwip, famous for its 'Shondesh' and also the birthplace of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.
- Service of an experienced driver and a well-maintained car.
Mayapur is located on the banks of the Holy Ganges, its a confluence point of the Ganges and the river Jalangi. Mayapur is a major centre of pilgrimage for visitors from all over the world, especially the ones travelling for a deeper insight into Vaishnavism. During the visit, one can see "the huge headquarters of the International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON)" and "a long stream of saffron-robed devotees chanting "Hare Krishna Mantra".
Nabadwip is the birthplace of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu for whose sake, this place has turned into an important centre of pilgrimage for the Vaishnavas worldwide as well as the Hindus in general. Nabadwip is quite famous for its 'Shondesh' (a Bengali sweet), one can try one of these readily available mouth-watering sweets on this tour.
- The tour starts with an early morning pick-up from the guest's hotel/residence in Kolkata city limits.
- The drive to Mayapur is about 120 kilometres from Kolkata and it may take up to 4 hours to reach.
- Upon arrival, we recommend the following attractions to visit in Mayapur and Nabadwip, as these two towns are barely an hours drive from each other:
- ISKCON Chandrodaya Temple: This temple is the home to large idols of various Lords and millions of tourist visit this temple every year to pay respect to Sri Prabhupada the founder of ISKCON. This temple buzzes with the tourist throughout the year.
- Sree Chaitanya Gaudiya Math: The parent body of the Gaudiya Vaishnavism, this was established by Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati, this institution believes in preaching the principles of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu.
- Ballal Dhipi: For quite a few centuries a huge mould was standing tall in Mayapur, the locals say it was named after Ballal Sen who ruled Bengal during the 12th-century. The recent excavations have been the source of discovery of many underlying structures.
- Chand Kazi's Samadhi: Chand Kazi was a person of Islamic faith and was also the magistrate of Nabadwip, after the initial opposition he later on became the disciple of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. This Samadhi denotes the memorial of Chand Kazi.
- Yoga Peeth: This is the birthplace of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu, it is believed that the famous saint was born under a Neem Tree and this tree can still be seen in the temple complex till date.
- At the end of the tour, the guests will be dropped back to hotel/residence in Kolkata city limits.
- This is not a guided tour, the driver will not be the guide for the tour.
- This is an outstation tour hence the vehicle can not be used for the local city tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop (within city limits).
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab.
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Usage of the vehicle for up to 300 kilometres as per the itinerary (Extra kilometre charges will be applicable after the limit, please refer Important Information Section for details).
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 7050 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.