History Tour of Sikhism in Amritsar
Amritsar is a destination that showcases the culture and generosity of Sikhs. In this walking tour, visit the key attractions the demonstrate the history and lives of the Sikh community.
- Explore the historic temples of Amritsar and experience, the various religious faiths of India.
- Walk on the narrow alleys of temples and take the blessings and the glistening essence of the place for a lifetime.
Believe it or not, there is a certain kind of serenity that holds unique for all the sacred temples of Amritsar and you can discover them as and when you explore the different places of worship here, this walk is not to be missed if you want to enjoy religious aspect of Amritsar in its true sense. Walk around the ancient place that is riddled with history and heritage, their prime importance in local and understand the various religious faiths of India, an unmatched local experience with awesome stories that you to remember for a lifetime.
- You are requested to report at the entrance gate of Golden temple, Amritsar at 8:00 AM.
- The guide cum host of the tour will meet you here and after a quick introduction, the tour will begin.
- Explore the huge gurdwara complex, known to Sikhs as Harmandir Sahib, to common people as Golden temple.
- Walk through the Amrit Sarovar, a tank that surrounds the gleaming central shrine
- Experience the Guru-Ka-Langar, an enormous dining room where an estimated 100,000 pilgrims come to eat every day
- Visit the octagonal Baba Atal Tower, constructed in 1784 to commemorate Atal Rai, the son of sixth Sikh Guru Har Gobind
- Visit Akal Takhat, the temporal seat of the Khalsa brotherhood.
- Take a visit to the Sikh reference library and Sikh museum shows the persecution suffered by the Sikhs.
- After 2 hours, we will end the tour by Savitri Mata Temple.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- One hot beverage and local prasad.
- Great local tips and recommendations.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- All guests are requested to wear comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses/sunscreen, umbrella, hats or scarf and camera if interested in photography.
- Children of 0-4 years of age (accompanied by an adult) are allowed to join for free.
- Tour involves a moderate amount of walking.
- The guests are requested to bring the following during the tour - Water bottle, camera and its accessories to you enjoy photography, sunglasses, sunscreen and umbrella (in case of rainy season or summers).
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
- Entrance gate of Golden Temple, Amritsar.
- The local person's details and phone number will be shared in the booking voucher, sent to you via email.
₹ 1450 Per Person
Similar Exciting Activities
Also viewed by other travellers
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.