Baratang, Mayabunder and Diglipur Trip from Port Blair
Take a tour to most popular islands of Andaman like Baratang, Rangat, Ross and Smith island and witness the enchanting beauty of Andamans.
- Boat ride through mangrove creeks and the visit to Limestone cave & Mud volcano
- Explore Ross and Smith islands which is called the twin island.
- Visit Rangat island, famous for its Dhaninallah mangrove walk and take tour of Amkunj.
- Kalipir beach visit, Turlte Nestling centre.
A boat ride through thick mangrove forest with mangrove canopies blocking sunlight. Ride to the Lime stone caves in Baratang Island is exciting as well as thrilling. 100 km by road from Port Blair – between south and middle Andaman, Baratang islands brings forth the tropical side of the Andamans. Mangroves, birds, caves, trekking, and local tribes.Its a must visit place if you are in Andamans
An eco-tourism destination in Andaman, Rangat is known for its pristine beaches, waterfalls and surreal islands. Diglipur is situated in North Andaman Island, Diglipur provides a rare experience for eco-friendly tourists. It is famous for its oranges, rice, and marine life. Kalpong, the only river of Andaman flows here. Ross and Smith island- Ross & Smith Islands are joined by a sandbar that is visible during low tide but gets submerged during high tide. The sandbar in the form of a crescent is the main attraction of the place. Water is crystal clear and gem green in color.
Day 1: Baratang Day Tour and Diglipur Stay
- The tour begins for the guests with the pick-up from the hotel in Port Blair at 3:30 AM in the early morning.
- Entry to the region is restricted by government authorities and only limited tourists are allowed at any given day.
- The drive to Baratang is through the dense forest including Jarawa tribal area and is very scenic.
- Cross the mangrove creek to reach the Baratang jetty, ferry ride to limestone caves starts here.
- From the boat drop point, it is a short up to a 20-minute walk to the limestone caves. The caves are made up of the mineral calcite and have some very beautiful formations.
- The guests will have up to 20 to 30 minutes to spend at the caves before proceeding to the Mud Volcano.
- Drive to Mud Volcano by cab and witness the rare mud volcanos.
- After the visit to the volcanos, start the onward journey to Diglipur via Rangat.
- Visit Dhaninallah which is known for its mangrove walk and the guests are dropped to the hotel at Diglipur.
Day 2: Ross and Smith island tour and visit Kalipur Beach and stay at Mayabunder
- After the morning breakfast, start the tour by visiting Ross and Smith island.
- These are the twin islands, which is one of the beautiful destinations of Andaman. Permits required to enter this island is taken from our team.
- Start the journey towards Mayabunder after visiting Kalipur Beach, a turtle nestling center.
- The driver will drop the guests in the hotel suggested at Mayabunder by the late evening hours.
Day 3: Visit Karmatang beach and leisure time in the Mayabunder vicinity and Stay at Rangat
- Early morning, check out from the hotel after having breakfast and visit Karmatang beach.
- This beach is also known as the turtle paradise of the nation, enjoy the beauty of the pristine blue waters.
- Visit to Avis island can be arranged on request. This island trip requires half an hour charter boat journey from the jetty. (Presently suspended for tourists)
- Also, take a tour of Amkunj and Morcidera beach which are the sunset.
- You now head to Rangat and overnight in Rangat.
Day 4: Drive back to Port Blair to end the tour
- Early morning, check out from the hotel after breakfast.
- You will be driven from Rangat to Port Blair which is almost 5 hours journey.
- You will be covering the missed destinations on your way back.
- The guests are dropped back to the hotel in Port Blair.
- Mayabunder - Standard double air-conditioned rooms at hotel Sea N Sand on a Breakfast basis.
- Diglipur - Standard air-conditioned rooms at Pristine Beach Resort/Hotel Landfall on a Breakfast basis.
- Rangat - Deluxe air-conditioned Room at Ross and Smith or air-conditioned cottage at Hotel Avis or standard air-conditioned cottage at Bliss Holiday Resort on a Breakfast basis.
- AC or Non-AC Sumo/Scorpio/Tavera/Ertiga/Xylo or equivalent vehicle for sightseeing as per the above itinerary.
- Breakfast on all days (except on day 1)
- Passenger ferry charges.
- Boat charges for visiting Limestone Cave, Baratang and Ross and Smith islands, Diglipur.
- Children below 5 years are complimentary everywhere.
- Any permit charges
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes all government on forest department permits needed for this trip are arranged by us and included in package. We would take each passenger's details from you once online booking is confirmed.
64 travellers found this helpful
The route to Baratang Island passes through Jarwa Tribal areas where entry is restricted and allowed only in convoys four times a day from both sides. We need to join 6am or 9am convoys while going to come be able to back on same day. To make it to convoy start point we need to leave at 3.30am or 6.30am. To cover Mud Volcano at Baratang, we need to leave at 3.30am only.
56 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 7990 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.