Ride to Monkey Temple
Ride to the Monkey Temple Duration 3 Hours
- The Galta Temple Complex and the Galta Valley
- Sisodia’s Gardens
- Temple Complex
- Sun Temple at Mountain top. (Sun-set Point)
- The Galta temple complex and the Galta Valley
The Galta temple complex was built in the 18th century for pilgrims travelling through the Aravalis. It is famous for its 7 different Kunds (Holy pond) which immersed 500 years ago from a natural spring. It also houses the picturesque Temples of Lord Krishna, Hanuman, and Ram constructed in the typical Rajput architecture. Galta is also very well known because of its notorious Galta Gang – A mischievous gang of Monkeys. The Galta monkey gang was also featured in the National Geographic documentary – Rebel Monkeys.
- Princess Sisodia’s Gardens
This decorated garden palace was constructed by the Emperor of Jaipur Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II in 1728. The palace was built for the emperor’s second queen, the princess Sisodia. It was built as a retreat away from the bustle of Jaipur’s court politics. The walls are engraved with murals of Radha and Krishna to symbolize the love, the Emperor had for his beloved wife.
- The Ride
We start riding from Princess Sisodia gardens along the dense forested valley in towards the Galta Temple Complex. Climbing through a rolling terrain we take a few short off-road trails in this picturesque forest.
3:00 pm Sisodia Rani ka Bagh (Princess's Gardens)
With a short briefing we take a walking tour of Sisodia Princess’s gardens and start riding deep into the Aravali forests taking some exciting off-road trails and further pedal up this rolling mountainous road. Riding into the forest we reach the Galta Temple complex as we bid adieu to our bikes and walk into the temple.
4:00 pm Hike to the Galta Kunds
We rejuvenate ourselves with some snacks and head into the temple complex and walk through the beautiful temples. This is also where the territory of the notorious Galta gang of monkeys begins. We can feed the monkeys, there is a slight chance that the gang conspires and snatches away our food basket.
05:00 pm Hike to the Sun Temple
Hiking up a cobbled path we walk towards the Sun Temple. The Sun Temple, situated on top of this hill holds utmost importance for a Jaipur local. This hill is also a great spot to enjoy the wonderful sun set. As we watch the red sun drowning into the city. We start walking down towards the Galta Gate.
06:00 pm The Tour ends Here
Taking the cobbled path down towards the Old City where we bid goodbyes as we end the tour with a souvenir to make this memory a permanent one.
As this lovely bicycle safari ends here we part ways with a souvenir for you to show your friends back home when you share your Jaipur memoirs.
- Bottled Mineral water and energy drinks.
- Route map
- Light Refreshments en-route
- Brand new bicycles with helmets and european style breaking for added safety.
- Well experienced bicycle tour captains who are well versed the route.
- A tour escort at the end following all the cyclists.
- A support vehicle with first aid kit and a stand-by bicycle.
- There will be a trained bicycle mechanic present throughout the tour.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.