Tour of Ancient Sri Lanka in 7 days
Explore the ancient Sri Lanka which includes Anuradhapura which has ancient Stupas and reservoirs. Visiting Kandy, Sigiriya, Negombo also is the part of this tour.
- Experience a live cooking demonstration of Sri Lankan cuisine.
- Explore Sigiriya rock fortress which is called as 8th wonder of the world by the locals.
- A whole experience of Sri Lanka in 7 days in a comfortable vehicle.
Your hosts warmly welcome you to the ancient Sri Lankan tour of 7 days where you can view various ancient sites in 8 different locations and more just in 7 days. You will get a chance to visit Dambulla, the Sigiriya rock fortress, Anuradhapura, Kandy and Negombo. This Island is actually blessed with pristine culture and heritage where you can relish ancient history. Eat and walk around the country like a local and fall in love with the cultural triangle.
Day 1: Arrive at Colombo and transfers to the hotel
- Arrive at Bandaranaike International airport Colombo at your preferred time and meet the representative.
- After a short meet and greet you will be transferred to the pre-booked hotel in the bustling city of Sri Lanka.
- Depending on the arrival time, you can take a city tour by visiting the Colombo Lotus Tower, Shri Ponnambalawaneswaram Kovil and Viharamahadevi Park in Colombo
- You will be dropped back to the hotel later to end the day.
Day 2: Drive from Colombo to Sigirya and village tour at Galewala
- Wake up to the charming weather of Colombo and have breakfast at the hotel
- Check out from the hotel and proceed to Sigiriya which is approximately 175 KM from Colombo and it might take four and a half hours to reach.
- On the way, you can enjoy village tour in Galewala and get a chance to enjoy a Tuk Tuk ride, bullock cart and catamaran ride.
- After an authentic Sri Lankan lunch with a chilled beer involve yourself in a cooking demonstration, where you can learn and cook local rice and curry.
- After that, proceed towards Sigiriya and check in to the hotel in Sigiriya.
- Relax at the hotel and you will also get a complimentary dinner at the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3: Explore Sigirya Rock Fortress and Pidurangala rock
- Your tour will begin after your breakfast and today you will be exploring Sigiriya Rock Fortress which is considered as one of Sri Lanka's hotspots.
- This was formed by the lava of a wiped out spring of gushing lava, it stands at 200 meters in height, surrounded by wilderness.
- This is also called as 8th Wonder of the World by locals and it easily takes 2-3 hours to climb.
- Thereafter proceed to Pidurangala rock, where you can enjoy a hike and this is also one of the popular places.
- Enjoy a panoramic view and capture some lifetime worthy images and later spend your day at leisure.
- Have a complimentary dinner at the hotel and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 4: Day tour of Anuradhapura from Sigiriya
- Enjoy morning breakfast at the hotel and start your journey to Anuradhapura which is approximately 75 KM from Sigiriya and might take one and half hours to reach.
- The city is well known as one of the major cities in Sri Lanka and you can view the ancient stupas and reservoirs during the tour.
- Some of the main attractions are the glorious rock carvings of vast richness and remarkable beauty Ruwanwelisaya Stupa one of the hemispherical structures containing relics in Sri Lanka.
- Lovamahapaya is a set of ruins with hundreds and hundreds of stone pillars that lie between the stupa Ruwanwelisaya and the Great Bodhi Tree of Anuradhapura, Jaya Sri Maha Bodhi and Thuparamaya Dagaba.
- You will be driven back to Sigiriya and dropped at the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 5: Travel to Kandy and visit Tooth Relic temple
- On the 5th day, check out from the hotel after breakfast and you will be travelling to Kandy, which is home to tea plantations.
- Kandy is about 90 KM approximately from Sigiriya and might take 2-3 hours to reach.
- Enjoy your lunch and check-in at the hotel and in the evening visit the temple of the Tooth Relic of Lord Budha. The temple is located in the royal palace complex of the former kingdom of Kandy.
- You can also enjoy a walk by the Kandy lake and later visit the batik factory and view some interesting wood carvings.
- Late in the evening, proceed to Kandyan cultural dance show and get transferred to the hotel in the end.
Day 6: Drive from Kandy to Negombo and visit Surathura Spice Garden
- Today you will be heading towards Negombo from Kandy after breakfast and check out.
- Take a drive to Negombo which is about 100 KM from Kandy and on the way, if you are interested you can visit Surathura Spice Garden which has a variety of spices which are mostly used in the Asian cuisine.
- Proceed to Millenium elephant foundation and you can take a lunch break en route to Negombo.
- Check in to the hotel once you reach and the day is for leisure, you can spend some time shopping and local exploration.
- Get back to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 7: Departure and airport drop
- Today is the last day, wake up and have breakfast to check out from the hotel.
- Depending on your flight timings, you will be dropped to the airport.
- End the trip with all cherished memories and enchanting stories of Sri Lanka.
- All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Accommodation on sharing basis.
- English speaking chauffeur guide.
- 6 breakfasts 1 lunch 3 dinners.
- Airport transfers.
- Village tour (Tuk Tuk ride + cooking demonstration + lunch & a local beer).
- Mobile sim cards provided on request.
- Water bottles.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 30 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 14 days
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 91771.52 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.