This is the remains of the palace of king Thirumalai Nayak who built it in 1636 with the help of an Italian architect. He was a ruler who helped hugely with the Meenakshi Temple. In the evening, there is a sound and light show in Tamil and English. A museum houses portraits of the ruler as well as seventeenth century carvings.
Palace contains beautiful domes, arches and paintings showing Shaivite and Vaishnavite events.
THINGS TO KNOW