One of the oldest churches in the Deccan area, St. Mary’s Church has been a place of worship since the 1820’s. Built for the spiritual needs on the British army stationed here at the time. The church is whitewashed and built with a combination of British and Indian styles. The church organ has been here since 1869 and was sent for repairs in England, returning in 1905 and remaining here ever since.
THINGS TO KNOW
Marathi, Hindi, English