Cooking Experience and Local Market Tour
Try your hands on Kerala style of cooking with a master cook. With your host, visit the local market to buy ingredients for the meal.
- Experience the cooking experience with the local market visit
- Taste the authentic Kerala cuisines.
- Get a chance to learn the art of cooking Kerala cuisines.
In this tour, we visit a local family in Kochi and learn about traditional spices and Kerala cooking techniques. The cooking session will be led by the lady of the house. Discover the culture and cuisine inside an Indian kitchen and learn how to prepare Kerala classic dishes, such as Appam, Fish curry, Vegetable Thoran, chicken curry and chapati. But there is no “standard menu” as it varies based on the season and what’s available in the market. Finish the experience by enjoying your home-cooked meal with your host. Cooking takes between 60 - 80 minutes.
- The driver will pick the guests from the hotels in Kochi at the selected time (Choose while booking).
- The guest will meet the host cum guide at Fort Kochi where the driver will drop the guests.
- After an introduction with the host, the tour will begin.
- The host will take the guests to the popular Chinese fishing nets, history of which dates back to the times when the Kochi harbour was a major trading harbour.
- Later, proceed to the fish market to buy some fresh catch that will be used for the cooking.
- Kerala style of cooking requires some special ingredients, head to the local vegetable market to buy the flavourful spices and fresh vegetables for the meal.
- Once the shopping is complete, the host will guide the guest to a home of a local family where the cooking experience will be set up.
- The guest would be helping with the meal preparation and the master cook will be guiding the cooking experience. The start will be with some basic item and then moving on to some traditional curries.
- At the end of the cooking, enjoy the meal with family before bidding farewell to your host.
- The driver will drop the guests back to the hotel at the completion of the 4-hour experience.
- Hotel pick-up and drop
- Charges for a knowledgeable host cum guide
- Tour as per the itinerary
- Cooking lesson
- Ingredients for cooking
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.