Bhimbetka and Bhojpur Sightseeing Tour from Bhopal
Explore the ancient caves of Bhimbetka, observe the cave paintings and take a tour of the historical and religious town of Bhojpur.
- Bhimbetka is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, famous for its stone age cave paintings.
- Take a tour of the famous town of Bhojpur and pay a visit to the Bhojeswar Temple.
- Service of an experienced driver and a comfortable vehicle.
The caves in Bhimbetka are named after “bheema” one of the five Pandava of Mahabharata. They are important prehistoric caves and architecture for India. There are about 600 caves with cave paintings as its primary attraction. This is a must visit place for tourists interested in history. These are Stone Age paintings and approximately 30,000 years old.
Bhojpur is named after the ruler Bhoja the most celebrated ruler of the Paramāra dynasty who reigned this region for 55 years from 1000 to1055 CE. There is no archaeological evidence from Bhojpur before the eleventh century, a fact confirmed by local legends which recount how Bhoja made a vow to build a series of dams "to arrest the streams of nine rivers and ninety-nine rivulets". A location was found in the kingdom that allowed the king to fulfil this vow and the dams were duly built at Bhojpur.
- The tour begins with the pick-up from the guest's hotel/residence in Bhopal city limits.
- Bhimbetka which is about 50 kilometres from Bhopal and may take up to 2 hours to reach Bhimbetka.
- This site is spread over 10 kilometres and has over 750 caves, explore the caves and the 30,000-year-old cave paintings.
- The paintings exhibit the earliest traces of human life on the Indian subcontinent and evidence of Stone Age starting at the site in Acheulian times.
- After the caves, head to the next destination, Bhojpur.
- Bhojpur is about 35 kilometres from Bhimbetka, it is famous for the Bhojeswar Temple.
- On reaching Bhojpur, the first stop will be the iconic Bhojeswar Temple, this temple houses 7.5 feet Shiva Idol.
- This temple is an incomplete piece of architecture but has its own charm. The construction of this temple began in the 11th-century and was halted for an unknown reason, one can find remains of the architectural pieces in the site of the quarries in Bhojpur.
- Bhojpur also has an unfinished Jain Temple, the temple houses of principal deity Bhagwan Shantinath in standing posture (22½ feet in height).
- On both sides of this idol, 2 standing beautiful idols of Bhagwan Parshvanath & Suparshvanath (7th Teerthankar) 8 feet in height each are installed.
- The guests can also visit the Parvati Caves which are immediately opposite the Bhojeswar temple, on the west side of the gorge facing the Betwā.
- Bhojpur also has the remains of Raja Bhoj's Palace, only the foundations remain now.
- At the completion of the day tour, the guests will be dropped back to the hotel/residence in Bhopal.
- Hotel pickup and drop within Bhopal city limits
- Charges for the private air-conditioned (A.C.) cab
- The driver and fuel charges.
- Usage for 250 kilometres.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
We have two options Sedans & bigger SUVs. In Sedans we provide Suzuki Dzire, Toyota Etios mostly, sometimes it could be Nissan Sunny. In SUVs we provide Toyotta Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Suzuki Ertiga. You can request a particular model while booking in Special Request\'s and we try to provide it however you can not pick and choose exact car models. We operate only AC vehicles and hatchbacks are not available.
No. All our tours are private and exclusively for your family or group.
You need to book online from this page. We accept only online bookings. Booking is confirmed instantly through SMS and Email. Driver & Cab details are automatically sent on SMS/Email/Mobile App 2-4 hours before pick-up time.
Yes, all sightseeing tours need to be booked in advance. Tours often sell out so we suggest booking early to guarantee your desired tour day. Bookings are completely online and you can book on Website or Mobile app.
No these are purely sightseeing tours and we do not do provide stay/accommodation or do Hotel bookings on for you as part of these tours. For Multi-day sightseeing tours you need to book your hotels yourself.
The itinerary mentioned on these private tours are a suggestion for your destination. You are free to skip or add other points. Let your personal driver know if you want to visit other places.
As this is a private tour, you are free to spend as much time you seem fit on each attraction. Some landmarks are more time-consuming than others and you can decide where to spend how much time. Just keep in mind the hourly usage included in your Tour, extra charges would apply if that limit is exceeded. Also night charges apply if you cross night time, please check Inclusions/Exclusions/Important Info for details.
If you wish to have an English driver who would drive you around the tour or drop you from one place to another, please mention the same in the Special Request section while booking. Any request would be taken into consideration and we will try arranging the same, although it\'s not a 100% Guarantee.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3390 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.