Learn and Engage with Locals on the Tuk Tuk Village Tour
Experience the local village life and witness the activities like coir making, fishing, coconut oil and boat making which is the routine for the livelihood of people.
- Witness the art of coir making, oil extraction, and boat making.
- Get a chance to interact with the locals and understand the lifestyle of people.
- Private village tour with the transportation in a tuk-tuk.
During this tour, you will travel in Tuk-Tuk to visit various villages to experience different livelihood of the local people. The main occupation in village people is fishing. Groves of mangroves separate land from water providing a breeding ground for prawns, crabs, oysters and small fishes. The other occupations that people follow are coir making from the husk of the coconut, coconut oil extraction, copra processing for oil extraction, boat making and fishing. In this tour, we will get a chance to witness all these activities as these activities are a part of the routine activity in the village.
- The tour starts with the pick up of guests at 9:00 am from the hotel in Kochi city limits.
- Meet the driver cum host for the tour and after a quick introduction, start the drive towards Chellanam Village which will take approximately 20 minutes to reach.
- In Chellanam village, the guest will get to see the routine life activities of the locals and the livelihood.
- Chellanam is a fishing village and locals have been using traditional age-old techniques for catching fish and crabs.
- The guest will get to witness the ancient technique of fish and crab catching using nets.
- In this village, the locals also use Chinese fishing nets and are mostly used during the night time. A lamp as a light source is used to attract fish and prawns.
- The guests will also get to witness the process of coconut oil making. The fruit of coconut tree is dried and the oil is extracted from the dried fruit, locally called as Copra (dried coconut kernel).
- No part of coconut is wasted, the dried coconut husk is used in coir, which is further used to make ropes and also sold in the market.
- One speciality of Chellanam village is the handmade fish boats. The locals use seasoned wood and coir ropes to make these boats, which are then used for fishing for their livelihood.
- After about 4 hours of touring around the village, the driver will take the guests back to Kochi where the guests can do some souvenir shopping on the streets of Kochi.
- The driver will drop the guests back to the hotel in the city limits at the end of the tour (Expected tour ending time is 2:00 pm).
- Service of a driver cum host.
- Transportation in Tuk-Tuk.
- Parking fees.
- Any entrance fees.
- Bottled drinking water.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 2000 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.