Kasol Winter Trekking Getaway
Misty morning, tall trees, untouched hills and a breath of fresh air - this exactly what Kasol is! Take a trek in winter to experience the best of Kasol.
- Explore the best of Kasol by trekking with an experienced guide.
- Trek to Sheela village and Grahan which offers the best panoramic views.
Kasol is a tourist attraction that is rapidly gaining fame as a very popular hub for trekkers, backpackers, and nature lovers. Commonly known as the Amsterdam of India, this quaint little village is resplendent in natural scenic beauty, and is one of the few places in the country that is not undergone any urbanization or commercialization. Explore the valley of Kasol by walking. The trail takes you inside different forest, rocky hills and steep ascents too. Enjoy this
Day 1: Report at Kasol camp and explore local areas.
- The guests are required to report at the riverside basecamp in Kasol lastest by 11 am.
- Fresh breakfast will be served at the basecamp and post breakfast, take a walk to Chalal, also known as the little Amsterdam.
- While on the walk, explore the local market and Israeli cafes in Kasol.
- Explore the area at a leisurely pace. The complete walk may take up to 2 hours with the breaks.
- One can sit at the end of the village admiring the beauty of fiercely flowing Parvati river.
- Reach the campsite by evening and enjoy the warmth of a bonfire and some fresh dinner.
Day 2: Drive to the Grahan trek starting point in Kasol (12 km trek - 4-5 hours)
- Wake up to the beautiful Himalayan sunrise at the base camp and after breakfast, drive to the centre of Kasol to the starting point of the Grahan trek.
- It's an easy trail which is frequently used by locals and goes through the pine forests.
- After reaching the Grahan Nahal, the trail becomes rocky and steep for an hour.
- The last bit of the climb will take us to Grahan Village, the destination for the trek and beautiful views of towering mountains.
- Dinner will be served at the camping site and overnight accommodation will be arranged in the camps.
Day 3: Trek from Grahan Village to Sheela village ( 5-6 hours trek)
- Wake up to a beautiful sunrise and enjoy the breakfast before starting the trek towards the north of the camping ground at Grahan.
- Start the trek to Sheela/Shilha village which is approximately 5 hours. The temples in the village seem like a direct connection to the power above.
- Explore the village and enjoy the hospitality of the locals and is a suited destination for photography.
- On arrival at the campsite/guesthouse, fresh up and enjoy the bonfire.
- Have sumptuous dinner and spend time amidst the natural surroundings and overnight stay at a secluded village.
Day 4: Trek from Sheela village to Barshaini (3 hours trek)
- Wake up to the beautiful sunrise. Get ready and it will be time to return back to Kasol via Barshaini.
- Trek till Barshaini and then ride on the wheels till Kasol. Savour every view while going back. Upon reaching Kasol, it will be time to bid adieu with a promise to meet again!
- Accommodation in campsite or guesthouses on twin or triple sharing basis.
- The couples will be provided with accommodation at twin sharing basis.
- All meals - starting from dinner on day-1 till breakfast on day-4.
- Trekking permits and forest camping charges.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Tents, sleeping bags and tent mats.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.