Forts of Goa A Guided Tour
Goa is a destination in India which has a variety of forts which were under the control of the Portuguese. Visit the forts like Chapora, Aguada and Reis Magos Fort with an archaeologist.
- Explore the forts of Goa with an archaeologist.
- Visit the fort which is well known as 'Dil Chahta Hain Fort' - Fort Chapora.
- Complimentary Goan lunch during the tour.
Forts of Goa is an archaeologist led guided tour of 3 alluring forts of Goa. Having been a trading centre as well as the seat of power for several Indian kingdoms and the Portuguese, Goa has an enviable collection of forts. We will start the Fort trail at Reis Magos Fort which served as a strategic location for the Portuguese army since the 16th century, then move on to Aguada which used to harbour political prisoners of the Portuguese and end at Chapora which is famous for being featured in the Bollywood block bluster film Dil Chahta Hain.
- Your host cum guide for the tour will meet you at your hotel or residence in Goa at 8:45 AM.
- After a formal introduction with the host, you will be driven to Reis Magos Fort.
- Reis Magos fort used to be a base for the Portuguese army since the 16th century. During Goa’s struggle for liberation, it was used as a prison for the political prisoners.
- Next up be driven to the majestic Fort Aguada overlooking the Arabian Sea. Massive ramparts and bastions constructed using the laterite stone welcome you.
- You will visit the famous lighthouse of Aguada which has been guiding ships for centuries. During the Portuguese times, trade and warships used to be stationed here.
- You will next visit the sea level portion which contains gunpowder storage rooms, prisons, barracks, officers and chaplains living quarters and a chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Good Voyage.
- The last destination is Chapora, a mighty fortress on the banks of River Chapora that separated Portuguese Goa and the Goa under the rule of local Marathas.
- The fort is very famous among Bollywood movie fans because of featuring in the blockbuster ‘Dil Chahta Hai’.
- You will have a traditional Goan lunch at a local restaurant.
- At the end of the tour, you will be dropped back to the hotel/residence in Goa by 4:00 PM approximately.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned cab for the duration of the tour.
- Pick-up and drop to the address in Goa city limits.
- Services of a knowledgable tour guide for the tour.
- Entry charges to places of visit.
- Lunch during the tour.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- Toll and parking charges.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 48 hour
- 50% refund if cancelled before 24 hour
- No refund after that
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 6000 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.