Baratang and Rangat 2 Day Trip
Enjoy two of the must-see places in Andamans on this 1 Night and 2 Days Trip of Rangat Island and Baratang.
- Drive through Jarawa tribal areas with a chance of spotting few Jarawa tribals
- Boat ride through mangrove creeks and the visit to Limestone cave & Mud volcano
- Visit Rangat island, famous for its Dhaninallah mangrove walk
A boat ride through thick mangrove forest with mangrove canopies blocking sunlight. Ride to the Lime stone caves in Baratang Island is exciting as well as thrilling. 110 km by road from Port Blair – between south and middle Andaman, Baratang islands brings forth the tropical side of the Andamans. Mangroves, birds, caves, trekking, and local tribes.Its a must-visit place if you are in Andamans
An eco-tourism destination in Andaman, Rangat is known for its pristine beaches, waterfalls and surreal islands. Rangat island, famous for its Dhaninallah mangrove walk, Amkunj Beach and Morice Dera beach is a true art of nature and architecture. Dhaninallah Mangrove Nature Walk is a wooden boardwalk meandering mangrove creeks for a distance of 713 metres and longest walkway of its kind in the country.
Day 1: Baratang Day tour from Port Blair and proceed towards Rangat
- The tour begins for the guests with the pick-up from the hotel in Port Blair at 3:30 am in the early morning.
- The entry to the region is restricted by government authorities and only limited tourists are allowed at any given day.
- The drive to Baratang is through the dense forest including Jarawa tribal area and is very scenic.
- Cross the mangrove creek to reach the Baratang jetty, ferry ride to limestone caves starts here.
- From the boat drop point, it is short up to 20-minute walk to the limestone caves. The caves are made up of the mineral calcite and have some very beautiful formation.
- The guests will have up to 20 to 30 minutes to spend at the caves before proceeding to the Mud Volcano.
- Drive to Mud Volcano by cab and witness the rare mud volcanos.
- After the visit to the volcanos, start the journey towards Rangat.
- Visit Dhaninallah which is known for its mangrove walk and the guests are dropped to the hotel at Rangat.
Day 2: Rangat local sightseeing and drive back to Port Blair
- Early morning, after having breakfast check out from the hotel in Rangat and we will be visiting Moricedera beach.
- The uniqueness of the Moricedera beach is volcanic rock formation overlooking the sea.
- Proceed to visit Amkunj Beach and get to know about the mangroves.
- Finally, we will head back to Port Blair which is almost 4 hours journey, and we are expected to reach Port Blair in between 4-6 pm.
- The guests are dropped back to the hotel in Port Blair.
- Air-Conditioned Accommodation
- An air-conditioned vehicle for sightseeing as per the above itinerary.
- Passenger ferry charges.
- Boat charges for visiting Limestone Cave, Baratang.
- All permits required for sightseeing.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes all government on forest department permits needed for this trip are arranged by us and included in package. We would take each passenger's details from you once online booking is confirmed.
64 travellers found this helpful
The route to Baratang Island passes through Jarwa Tribal areas where entry is restricted and allowed only in convoys four times a day from both sides. We need to join 6am or 9am convoys while going to come be able to back on same day. To make it to convoy start point we need to leave at 3.30am or 6.30am. To cover Mud Volcano at Baratang, we need to leave at 3.30am only.
56 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 3890 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.