Pondicherry Guided Sightseeing Tour from Chennai
Tired of the monotonous work life? Give yourself a break by taking this Pondicherry guided sightseeing tour from Chennai. Traverse through the picturesque beauty, heritage and culture of the city.
Witness the perfect blend of Indian and French architecture and culture.
Visit churches, ashrams and beaches of the town.
Complimentary lunch during the tour.
Hassle free pick up and drop facility.
All toll and parking charges are included in the cost.
Company of an expert tour guide.
Pondicherry, once a Dutch, French and also a English colony, is the capital city of Puducherry. It is located in the southern parts of Tamil Nadu and is famous for its beaches. The area was part of the Pallava kingdom of Kanchipuram in the 4th century. Pondicherry's average elevation is at sea level, and a number of sea inlets, referred to as "backwaters" can be found here. To get more insights on the city, take advantage of this Pondicherry guided sightseeing tour from Chennai. So what more are you waiting for? Plan your trip to Pondicherry from Chennai and switch into the vacay mode.
- The driver will receive you from your hotel or residence in Chennai at 8:00 AM.
- The guide cum host for the tour will meet you here and after a quick introduction, the tour with start.
- Drive from Chennai to Pondicherry will take up to 5 hours, you will stop for breakfast on the way.
- Upon reaching Pondicherry, commonly known as Pondy, you can begin the tour with the visit to the following places:
- White Town Area which shows the French influence on the city, old provincial structures painted in yellow still holds on to the history of this beautiful city.
- Sacred Heart Basilica: This has Gothic architecture and contains stained glass panels depicting events in the life of Jesus Christ.
- Immaculate Conceptual Cathedral: Visited by a maximum number of tourists, which has artistic interiors and exteriors.
- Vinayagar Temple: A vibrant Hindu temple is known for its elephant blessings ornately carved stone walls and golden chariot.
- Sri Aurobindo Ashram: One of the most well known and wealthiest ashrams in India, with devotees from all over the world flocking towards it for spiritual salvation.
- Bustling markets of Pondicherry famous for many charming shops and boutiques.
- Auroville: An experimental township which is aimed to bring all kinds of people together to strengthen humanity and harmonious living for a better world.
- Botanical Garden: Built by French colonists and the attractions of the garden include Children's toy train, musical fountain, aquarium and Japanese rock.
- Paradise Beach: Adorned with the golden sand and cold sea breeze.
- Promenade: Also known as Rock beach, the most popular attraction of Pondicherry.
- After the visit, you will start the drive back to Chennai and you are dropped at hotel or residence in Chennai to end the tour.
- All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- All toll and parking charges.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Water bottle.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 10500 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.