Pondicherry Guided Sightseeing Tour from Chennai
Experience the popular getaway in close proximity of Chennai, known for its picturesque beauty, heritage and culture on this guided tour of Pondicherry.
- A hassle-free tour with hotel pick up and drop with a guide.
- Witness the perfect blend of Indian and French architecture and culture.
- Visit churches, ashrams and beaches of the town.
- Complimentary lunch during the tour.
- All toll and parking charges are included in the cost.
Pondicherry is the capital city and also the largest city of the Indian union territory of Puducherry. Its history was first recorded by the Dutch, French and also the English colonialists. Pondicherry is located in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu and is famous for its beautiful beaches. The area was part of the Pallava kingdom of Kanchipuram in the 4th century. Pondicherry's average elevation is at sea level, and a number of sea inlets, referred to as "backwaters" can be found.
- The driver will receive you from your hotel or residence in Chennai at 8:00 AM.
- The guide cum host for the tour will meet you here and after a quick introduction, the tour with start.
- Drive from Chennai to Pondicherry will take up to 5 hours, you will stop for breakfast on the way.
- Upon reaching Pondicherry, commonly known as Pondy, you can begin the tour with the visit to the following places:
- White Town Area which shows the French influence on the city, old provincial structures painted in yellow still holds on to the history of this beautiful city.
- Sacred Heart Basilica: This has Gothic architecture and contains stained glass panels depicting events in the life of Jesus Christ.
- Immaculate Conceptual Cathedral: Visited by a maximum number of tourists, which has artistic interiors and exteriors.
- Vinayagar Temple: A vibrant Hindu temple is known for its elephant blessings ornately carved stone walls and golden chariot.
- Sri Aurobindo Ashram: One of the most well known and wealthiest ashrams in India, with devotees from all over the world flocking towards it for spiritual salvation.
- Bustling markets of Pondicherry famous for many charming shops and boutiques.
- Auroville: An experimental township which is aimed to bring all kinds of people together to strengthen humanity and harmonious living for a better world.
- Botanical Garden: Built by French colonists and the attractions of the garden include Children's toy train, musical fountain, aquarium and Japanese rock.
- Paradise Beach: Adorned with the golden sand and cold sea breeze.
- Promenade: Also known as Rock beach, the most popular attraction of Pondicherry.
- After the visit, you will start the drive back to Chennai and you are dropped at hotel or residence in Chennai to end the tour.
- All transportation in private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Driver and fuel charges.
- All toll and parking charges.
- Service of a knowledgeable guide.
- Lunch at a local restaurant.
- Water bottle.
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 10500 Per Vehicle
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.