Offbeat: Rangat and Diglipur with Ross & Smith Islands
2 Nights/3 Days
Rangat island is famous for its Dhaninallah mangrove walk, Amkunj beach, Cutbert Bay a turtle nesting ground, and Yerratta mangrove park. The wooden walk in Dhaninallah mangroves is something you can't find everywhere but in Andamans.This 713 mtr long wooden walk will calm your mind and the fresh air will ease your nerves.
Diglipur, situated in North Andaman Island is home to the one and only river Kalpong flowing through Andamans. The Kalpong Hydro-electric power project of the islands is on this river. Saddle Peak which stands at a towering 732 metre is one of the major attractions at Diglipur. The saddle peak trek is also quite famous. Popular attractions at Diglipur include the below spots.
1. Lamiya Bay Beach: The beach lays a few kilometres from the foothill of Saddle Peak, the highest peak (732 mtrs.) of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. To reach Lamiya Bay, take the road that goes to Kalipur beach from the jetty, and go ahead of the Kalipur beach via Aerial Bay jetty, the nearest sea port of the place. One can have a long and intense moment of solitude at the beach, while sitting on the rocks and hearing the waves crash against the rock that produces a melodious sound and brings peace and calmness to the mind.
2. Kalipur Beach & Turtle Nestling Ground: Andaman and Nicobar Islands are also home to thousands of turtles during their nesting period. Turtle nesting takes place in Andaman and Nicobar Islands during the winter months of Dec/Jan. Just like Karmatang beach at Mayabunder turtle nesting takes place at Kalipur beach at Diglipur also . There are facilities provided by Forest Department, for Turtle Nesting at Kalipur Beach. It is also another World’s Exclusive Turtle Nestling Area.
3. Twin Islands (Ross & Smith Islands): Ross & Smith islands are actually two islands. They are joined together by a sand bar to make a single group of islands. A fisherman's boat (dinghy in Hindi) or a speed boat can be hired and the ride would take around 25 minutes from the Ariel Bay Jetty in Diglipur. The natural white sand bar joining these islands during the low tide make them look quite spectacular. It’s a heavenly experience with crystal clear water and virgin beaches with white sand. Basking under the sun in Ross & Smith Islands with a glass of cold beverage alongside is nothing less than perfect. The high tide makes the the sand bar disappears with nothing but blue water between the two islands and during low tide the sand bar reappears making them look glorious! Don’t miss the vibrant coral life existing in this island. They are a real treat to the eyes. Since the beach is surrounded by tropical forests it is a preferred place for trekking and trail hiking. One can also opt for activities like Scuba Diving & Snorkelling. The turquoise coloured water explains its nick name 'The Paris of the East'. Add a pinch of luck to your time of arrival then you might see the nesting of Olive Ridley turtles.
Note: Ross & Smith Islands are closed on all Mondays.
Day 1: Early morning at the above given time, proceed to Rangat. Visit Dhaninallah, Morice Dera beach and Yeratta Mangrove Park. Head ahead to reach Mayabunder and overnight stay at the hotel suggested.
Day 2: Early morning after breakfast, proceed for Ross & Smith Islands, which takes about a day and if time persists can cover the above attractions too which are very close to the resort which is suggested for stay as below.
Day 3: Early morning, after Breakfast, checkout from the hotel to reach Port Blair back via the same route by late evening.
- Prtivate transport in AC SUV Vehicle
- Pick Up + Drop from Port Blair to Diglipur via Rangat and back.
- Sightseeing Tour, tickets, entry, RAP, island entry permits, ferry charges, driver allowances, surcharges parking, tips, vehicle charges, vehicle permits, boat tickets etc.
- 01 Mineral water bottle each.
- 02 Nights Stay / accommodation / boarding / lodging at the above given hotel with breakfast on CP Plan in Deluxe Double bedded A/C rooms on twin shared basis.
- Accommodation in Port Blair
- Lunch or Dinner are not included in the package.
- Anything not mentioned in Inclusions.
- Vehicles Included: All SUV / MUV / LUV / Scorpio / TATA Sumo / Xylo.
- Hotels Included: Pristine Beach Resort, Diglipur. (Premium Economy ***)
- Child of age below 05 years will be complimentary in the entire package
- Extra meals like lunch or dinner will be charged at INR 350/- per person per meal
- Non-A/C Hotel Rooms can be arranged
- Standard rooms are not available in this hotel. Deluxe rooms are the starting suits here.
- Ross & Smith Island trip requires around 25 minutes to half an hour charter boat journey from jetty and then after few hours of sightseeing tour getting back onto the same boat and back to jetty.
- It is also known as Ross & Smith Islands National Marine Sanctuary.
- Ross & Smith Island trip is adventurous with options of trekking and trailing.
- Friendly human habitations are setup on these islands with joint ventures of govt. and forest development authorities. Food and water are available here but still to be on the safer side, it is advised to take a few fast food items and water normally to survive for few hours there.
- Garbage and plastics are strictly not allowed on Ross & Smith Island.
- No accommodation or boarding allowed on Ross & Smith Island, Only day visits are permitted.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 30 days
- 75% refund if cancelled before 15 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes all government on forest department permits needed for this trip are arranged by us and included in package. We would take each passenger's details from you once online booking is confirmed.
56 travellers found this helpful
Reporting/Start Point:Pick-up from Port Blair Hotel
₹ 13990 Per Person