Harishchandragad Fort Trek via Via Panchnai Route
2 Nights/3 Days
10 to 20 people
English, Hindi and Marathi
Harishchandragad fort is quite ancient, considered to be from the medieval period. The Great sage Changdev (one who wrote the epic Tatvasaar), used to meditate here in 14th century. The caves are also from the same period. Harishchandragad was captured by the Marathas in 1747 from the Moguls.
Taramati: This is the topmost point on the fort. It is the second highest peak in Maharashtra after kalsubai. Leopards are seen in the forests beyond this peak. From here we can have a glimpse of the whole range of Naneghat and the forts near Murbad (This will be visited only if time permits.)
Konkan Kada: The most interesting point on this fort is this cliff, which has always fascinated many people from many years. The cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan with a breathtaking view of the surrounding region and sunset. This cliff is not just vertical; it is an overhang, almost like a cobra’s hood.
Kedareshwar: The cave of Kedareshwar has a big Shivlinga, which is totally surrounded by water.
- Climb the third highest peak in Maharastra
Day 0 : Overnight journey towards Kasara by train on Friday night. Local transport to Pachnai base village.
Day 1 : Reach base village by 5:00 am. Rest. Breakfast at 7:30 am. “Let us know” each other session. Start ascending via Pachnai route. Reach Harishchandreshwar Temple by 9:30 am. Rest and Lunch. Post Lunch visit Kokankada. Late evening to Caves. Dinner. Night Stay at Caves.
Day 2 : Early morning breakfast. Post breakfast explore pinnacles of Harishchandragad and Monuments Start Descending by 11:00 am. Reach Base village by 3.00 pm. Back to Kasara by local transport. En route evening tea and refreshment.
- Non Ac Transportation ex Kasara by Local Transport
- All Veg Meals on trek (1 Dinner, 2 Lunch and 2 Breakfast, Evening Refreshment)
- Mineral water, Soft drinks etc.
- Anything other than above mentioned inclusions
- Identity proof (must)
- Torch with Extra Batteries (must)
- Good trekking shoes (must)
- Water (at least 3 Ltrs)
- Some ready to eat food. Plum cakes, Biscuits etc.,
- Lunch for Saturday
- Extra Pair of Clothes, Warm Jacket to wear in the morning.
- Sleeping Bag / Bedding.
- Bunch of Newspaper.
- Please avoid wearing Gold and other ornaments.
- 90% refund if cancellation is made more than 60 days prior to the date of departure date of the event.
- 75% refund if cancellation is made more than 45 days and less than 60 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- 50% refund if cancellation is made more than 30 days and less than 45 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- 25% refund if cancellation is made more than 15 days and less than 30 days prior to the departure date of the event.
- NO refund will be made if cancellation is made within 15 days prior to the departure date of the event.