Harishchandragad Fort Trek via Via Panchnai Route
Harishchandragad fort is quite ancient, considered to be from the medieval period. The Great sage Changdev (one who wrote the epic Tatvasaar), used to meditate here in 14th century. The caves are also from the same period. Harishchandragad was captured by the Marathas in 1747 from the Moguls.
Taramati: This is the topmost point on the fort. It is the second highest peak in Maharashtra after kalsubai. Leopards are seen in the forests beyond this peak. From here we can have a glimpse of the whole range of Naneghat and the forts near Murbad (This will be visited only if time permits.)
Konkan Kada: The most interesting point on this fort is this cliff, which has always fascinated many people from many years. The cliff faces west and looks down upon the Konkan with a breathtaking view of the surrounding region and sunset. This cliff is not just vertical; it is an overhang, almost like a cobra’s hood.
Kedareshwar: The cave of Kedareshwar has a big Shivlinga, which is totally surrounded by water.
- Climb the third highest peak in Maharastra
Day 0 : Overnight journey towards Kasara by train on Friday night. Local transport to Pachnai base village.
Day 1 : Reach base village by 5:00 am. Rest. Breakfast at 7:30 am. “Let us know” each other session. Start ascending via Pachnai route. Reach Harishchandreshwar Temple by 9:30 am. Rest and Lunch. Post Lunch visit Kokankada. Late evening to Caves. Dinner. Night Stay at Caves.
Day 2 : Early morning breakfast. Post breakfast explore pinnacles of Harishchandragad and Monuments Start Descending by 11:00 am. Reach Base village by 3.00 pm. Back to Kasara by local transport. En route evening tea and refreshment.
- Non Ac Transportation ex Kasara by Local Transport
- All Veg Meals on trek (1 Dinner, 2 Lunch and 2 Breakfast, Evening Refreshment)
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.