Jolly Buoy Island Day Trip
Jolly Buoy island is a stunning destination in Andaman and Nicobar Islands. It is accessible by boat from Wandoor beach dock which itself is 45 minute drive from Port Blair. From ferry we go to the Jolly Buoy beach in a glass bottom boat.
The white sand on Jolly Buoy beach is warm and the crystal waters inviting. The boat trip to Jolly Buoy Island in ferry takes about 45 minutes. Jolly Buoy Island has shallow beach, clean water enabling the tourists to swim, play in water. Jolly Buoy offers calm blue and crystal clear shallow waters which are perfect spot for first time snorkelers.
Jolly Buoy Island, and the neighboring Red Skin Island, are part of the Mahatma Gandhi National Park. Being a marine national park it is well protected, allowing the native species to thrive without much human interference. This has made the surroundings even more beautiful. The water here is as clean and clear as it gets and visitors can experience the un-touched natural beauty there.
The glass bottom boat ride at Jolly Buoy or Red Skin island is a unique experience. It is a special boat that allows spectacular views of the under water corals and fishes. All this without the inconveniences and requirements needed to physically go under the water’s surface! It’s ideal for all ages and highly recommended.
- Watch beautiful aquatic life, colourful underwater corals from glass bottomed boats
- Take a swim or a dip in the turquoise blue waters and feel the white silk sands at your feet
- Take a short excursion through the thick tropical jungles surrounded by the beach
- A day trip to one of India's most well preserved natural marine eco-system in Andaman and Nicobar
- Enjoy snorkeling among the most beautiful corals and abundant marine life
Update: Red Skin Island is open to Tourists from 16th May 2018 for this season.
Why Book This?
- No Hassles: All permits, tickets and transport arranged including Port Blair hotel pick-up/drop
- Value Deal: Genuine pricing as per your group size
- Pick-up from Port Blair Hotel by 6:30am and drive to Wandoor Jetty.
- Visit to National Park Museum and Marine Interpretation Center at Wandoor.
- Boat trip begins at aprox 7:30-8:00am from Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park jetty. The Permit and Tickets required for this trip are already arranged by us.
- Enjoy the scenic 30-45 minute ride in ocean that takes you to Jolly Buoy Island. Here you board glass bottom boats.
- Glass bottom boats show you underwater corals and marine life around the reef of Jolly Buoy before taking you to the shore of Jolly Buoy Island.
- Spend your day swimming and snorkeling in crystal clear water of Jolly Buoy Island beach.
- Return back boat journey to Wandoor docks.
- By 2.30pm - 3:00pm in afternoon we return to Port Blair and you are dropped at your hotel.
- All Transfers in Private AC Vehicle (Scorpio/Xylo/Ertiga/Aspire or Similar)
- Pick-up, Drop from Hotel in Port Blair
- Jolly Buoy Island Ticket and Permits
- Visit to National Park Museum and Marine Interpretation Center (30 min. Visual Projection show is run by Govt.)
- Drive to Reach Mahatma Gandhi Marine Biological Park
- Boat Ride to the Islands
- Travel Assistance by Our Team
- 15 minutes in Glass Bottom Boat ride for Coral viewing
- Any Meals
- Scuba-diving or Snorkeling (Can be availed by direct payment at Island)
- Any Accommodation
- Jolly Buoy Island/Red Skin Island is CLOSED on Mondays.
- Make sure to reach Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park beach before 7.30am. All the boats leave at the same time and come back together.
- Jolly buoy is a No Plastic zone, so avoid carrying any plastic bags.
- Jolly Buoy Island is a no man's land, so nothing is available on the island. You can pack water, snacks, swim wear, extra clothes, towels.
- Boats are operated by administration and there are some time delays in boat departures.
- 100% refund if cancelled before 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes all government on forest department permits needed for this trip are arranged by us and included in package. We would take each passenger's details from you once online booking is confirmed.
56 travellers found this helpful
No Jolly Buoy is an uninhabited island which means there are no such facilities available here. There are toilet and facilities to change clothes though. Marine Park department does set-up a temporary stall which sells cold-drinks and snacks.
11 travellers found this helpful
You can get your breakfast packed from hotel and have on the way in morning or have it at a restaurant near Wandoor docks/Marine Museum. For the trip carry enough eatables to last till afternoon. You can have proper lunch once back from trip by afternoon/late-afternoon.
70 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point:
Pick-up from Hotel in Port Blair
₹ 1790 Per Person