Jolly Buoy Island Day Trip
A postcard-worthy island, Jolly Buoy is just off the coast of Port Blair and accessible by boat from Wandoor beach dock. The white sand is comfortingly warm and the crystal waters wave invitingly. A glass bottom boat is used to get to the shore of Jolly Buoy. Jolly Buoy Island, and the neighbouring Red Skin Island, is a part of the Mahatma Gandhi National Park and is therefore protected well – allowing the native species to thrive without much human interference – and making the surroundings even more beautiful.
The glass bottom boat ride is unique experience because of the vessel it takes place in and the spectacular views it offers – all without the inconveniences and requirements needed to physically go under the water’s surface! It’s ideal for all ages and highly recommended.
- Watch beautiful marine life, awesome underwater corals from glass bottomed boats.
- Take a swim or a dip in the pristine blue waters and watch the white silk sands at your feet.
- Have a memorable excursion through the thick jungle surrounding the perfect pristine sea.
- A visit to one of India's most well preserved natural eco-system.
Update: Jolly Buoy Island is open to Tourists from 19th Nov 2017 for this season.
- Pick-up from their Port Blair Hotel by 6:30am and drive to MGMNP.
- Your trip begins at 7:30 am from Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park by boat. The Permit and Tickets required for this trip are already arranged by us.
- Visit to National Park Museum and Marine Interpretation Center at Wandoor.
- The scenic 30-45 minute boat ride takes you to Jolly Buoy Island. Here you board glass bottom boats.
- Glass bottom boats show you underwater corals and marine life around the reef of Jolly Buoy island before taking you to the shore of Jolly Buoy Island.
- Spend your day swimming and snorkeling at the beaches of Jolly Buoy Island.
- Return boat journey to Wandoor docks.
- By 2.30pm - 3:00pm in afternoon we return to Port Blair and you are dropped at the hotel.
- All Transfers in Private AC SUV Vehicle (Scorpio/Xylo/Ertiga/Similar)
- Including Pick up, Drop and Entry Tickets
- Jolly Buoy Island Ticket and Permits
- Visit to National Park Museum and Marine Interpretation Center (30 min. Visual Projection show is run by Govt.)
- Drive to Reach Mahatma Gandhi Marine Biological Park
- Boat Ride to the Islands
- Travel Assistance by Our Team
- 15 minutes in Glass Bottom Boat ride for Coral viewing
- Any meals
- Scuba-diving or snorkeling (Can be availed by direct payment at Island)
- Any Accommodation
- Jolly Buoy island/Red Skin Island is CLOSED on Mondays.
- Make sure to reach Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park beach before 7.30am. All the boats leave at the same time and come back together.
- Jolly buoy is a No Plastic zone, so avoid carrying any plastic bags.
- Jolly Buoy Island is a no man's land, so nothing is available on the island. You can pack water, snacks, swim wear, extra clothes, towels.
- Boats are operated by administration and there are some time delays in boat departures.
- 30 days prior to check in date: 20% of advance booking amount
- Less than 30 days and one week prior to check in date: 50% of advance booking amount
- Less than one week prior to check in date: No Refund
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes all government on forest department permits needed for this trip are arranged by us and included in package. We would take each passenger's details from you once online booking is confirmed.
55 travellers found this helpful
No Jolly Buoy is an uninhabited island which means there are no such facilities available here. There are toilet and facilities to change clothes though. Marine Park department does set-up a temporary stall which sells cold-drinks and snacks.
11 travellers found this helpful
You can get your breakfast packed from hotel and have on the way in morning or have it at a restaurant near Wandoor docks/Marine Museum. For the trip carry enough eatables to last till afternoon. You can have proper lunch once back from trip by afternoon/late-afternoon.
70 travellers found this helpful
Reporting/Start Point:Pick-up from Hotel in Port Blair
₹ 1790 Per Person