Jolly Buoy Island Day Trip
Jolly Bouy Island is one of the most popular destinations in the Andaman & Nicobar Islands and a perfect day tour from Port Blair. This day trip is a bundled up experience if want to explore crystal clear blue waters, scenic views, beautiful pristine beaches, glass bottom boat ride to see some of the amazing and famous underwater corals on the reef.
Jolly Buoy Island Day Trip Highlights:
- Watch beautiful aquatic life, colorful under water corals from Glass Bottomed Boats
- Take a swim or a dip in the turquoise blue waters and feel the white silk sands of beautiful beaches at your feet
- Take a short excursion through the thick tropical jungles surrounded by the beach on the island
- A day trip to one of India's most well preserved natural marine eco-system in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
- Go snorkeling in the shallow waters off the beach and fall in love with the colorful corals
Jolly Buoy Island Trip Overview
The white sand on Jolly Buoy beach is warm and the crystal waters inviting. Both Jolly Buoy Island and Red Skin Island are part of Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park. The boat trip to Jolly Buoy Island in ferry takes about 45 minutes. Jolly Buoy Island has a shallow beach, clean water enabling the tourists to swim, play in the water. Jolly Buoy offers calm blue and crystal clear shallow waters which are the perfect spot for first-time snorkelers.
Jolly Buoy Island and the neighboring Red Skin Island are part of the Mahatma Gandhi National Park. Being a Marine National Park, the whole region is well protected, allowing the native species to thrive without much human interference. This protection has made the surroundings even more beautiful. The water here is as clean and clear as it gets and people can experience the untouched natural beauty where they travel here.
The glass bottom boat ride at Jolly Buoy or Red Skin Island is a unique experience. It is a special boat that allows spectacular views of the underwater corals and fishes. All this without the inconveniences and requirements needed to physically go under the water’s surface! It’s ideal for all ages and highly recommended.
A perfect day package to a must visit place in the Andaman Islands with a perfect mix of adventure and relaxation.
Important Note: Jolly Buoy is open to tourists from November 16th, 2018 for this season as per update from the government.
Jolly Buoy Island Day Trip Itinerary:
- The hotel pick-up for the guests will be done by 6:30 am.
- Post the pick-up, the driver will take the guests to Wandoor Jetty.
- Visit National Park Museum and Marine Interpretation Center at Wandoor before the boat journey starts.
- The boat journey to the island starts at approximately 7:30-8:30 am from Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park jetty.
- The permit and boat tickets required for this trip are included in tour when booked online through Trodly.
- It is a beautiful 30-45 minute ferry ride to reach near the Jolly Buoy Island.
- Board a Glass-bottom boat to witness the underwater corals and marine life around the reefs of Jolly Bouy Island on a ride of up to 5 to 10 minutes. The same boat takes you to the Island.
- Water sport activities like snorkelling and open water swimming can be done at the Island, additional charges might be applicable and the same can be paid on the spot to the authority responsible.
- The guests can experience the beautiful island by walking on the pre-defined wooden path and it a beautiful walk of up to 20 minutes.
- The guests get up to 1 to 1.5 hours to spend on the island.
- The return boat journey to the Wandoor docks is expected to begin by 11:00 am.
- The guests will be dropped back to the hotel in Port Blair by 2:00-3:00 pm (approx time).
- Pick-up, drop from the hotel in Port Blair city limits only in air-conditioned private cab
- Jolly Buoy Island/Red Skin Island entry permits
- Boat ride to the Island and back to jetty
- 10 Minute Glass Bottom Boat Ride
- Visit to National Park Museum and Marine Interpretation Center (30 Minute visual projection show is run by the government)
- Transportation to Mahatma Gandhi Marine Biological Park
- Full travel assistance by trip coordinator
Why book with TRODLY
- Best Price Guarantee
- Verified customer reviews that help you make the right decision.
- Qualified operators. All partner operators selected after rigorous system of checks.
- Free Cancellation on Most Trips
- Only Best Trips - Our team of travel experts bring uniquely local, safe, and exciting experiences to the community.
- 100% Secured Payments
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes all government on forest department permits needed for this trip are arranged by us and included in package. We would take each passenger's details from you once online booking is confirmed.
61 travellers found this helpful
No Jolly Buoy is an uninhabited island which means there are no such facilities available here. There are toilet and facilities to change clothes though. Marine Park department does set-up a temporary stall which sells cold-drinks and snacks.
15 travellers found this helpful
You can get your breakfast packed from hotel and have on the way in morning or have it at a restaurant near Wandoor docks/Marine Museum. For the trip carry enough eatables to last till afternoon. You can have proper lunch once back from trip by afternoon/late-afternoon.
73 travellers found this helpful
Jolly buoy and Red Skin Island are open alternatively for 6 months at a time to protect underwater marine life and the live corals. Jolly Buoy Island opens from November to May while Red Skin Island is opened from May to November. Exact dates are announced by local administration.
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1690 Per Person
Get trip inspirations, offers and more.