Jolly Buoy Island Day Trip
Amongst one the most popular destination in the Andaman Islands, Jolly Bouy day tour is a bundled up experience if want to explore crystal clear blue waters, scenic views, beautiful beaches, glass bottom boat ride to see some of the amazing underwater reefs.
- Watch beautiful aquatic life, colourful underwater corals from glass-bottomed boats
- Take a swim or a dip in the turquoise blue waters and feel the white silk sands at your feet
- Take a short excursion through the thick tropical jungles surrounded by the beach
- A day trip to one of India's most well preserved natural marine eco-system in Andaman and Nicobar
The white sand on Jolly Buoy beach is warm and the crystal waters inviting. The boat trip to Jolly Buoy island in ferry takes about 45 minutes. Jolly Buoy island has a shallow beach, clean water enabling the tourists to swim, play in the water. Jolly Buoy offers calm blue and crystal clear shallow waters which are the perfect spot for first-time snorkelers.
Jolly Buoy Island and the neighbouring Red Skin island are part of the Mahatma Gandhi National Park. Being a marine national park it is well protected, allowing the native species to thrive without much human interference. This has made the surroundings even more beautiful. The water here is as clean and clear as it gets and visitors can experience the untouched natural beauty there.
The glass bottom boat ride at Jolly Buoy or Red Skin island is a unique experience. It is a special boat that allows spectacular views of the underwater corals and fishes. All this without the inconveniences and requirements needed to physically go under the water’s surface! It’s ideal for all ages and highly recommended.
Important Note: Jolly Buoy will be open to tourists from November 16th, 2018 for this season as per government norms.
- The hotel pick-up for the guests will be done by 6:30 am.
- Post the pick-up, the driver will take the guests to Wandoor Jetty.
- Visit National Park Museum and Marine Interpretation Center at Wandoor before the boat journey starts.
- The boat journey to the island starts at approximately 7:30-8:00 am from Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park jetty.
- The permit and boat tickets required for this trip are included when booked online through Trodly.
- It is a beautiful 30-45 minute ferry ride to reach near the Jolly Buoy Island.
- Board a Glass-bottom boat to witness the underwater corals and marine life around the reefs of Jolly Bouy Island on a ride of up to 5 to 10 minutes. The same boat takes you to the Island.
- Watersport activities like snorkelling and open water swimming can be done at the Island, additional charges might be applicable and the same can be paid on the spot to the authority responsible.
- The guests can experience the beautify the island by walking on the pre-defined path and it a beautiful walk of up to 20 minutes.
- The guests get up to 1 to 1.5 hours to spend on the island.
- The return boat journey to the Wandoor docks is expected to begin by 11:00 am.
- The guests will be dropped back to the hotel in Port Blair by 2:00-3:00 pm (expected time).
- Charges for the private air-conditioned cab for hotel pick-up and drop
- Pick-up, drop from the hotel in Port Blair city limits only
- The island tour permit
- Jetty boat ride to the Island
- Glass bottom boat ride
- Visit to National Park Museum and Marine Interpretation Center (30-min visual projection show is run by the government)
- Transportation to Mahatma Gandhi Marine Biological Park
- Travel assistance by trip coordinator
- Full refund if cancelled before* 7 days
- 50% refund if cancelled before 3 days
- No refund after that
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Yes all government on forest department permits needed for this trip are arranged by us and included in package. We would take each passenger's details from you once online booking is confirmed.
58 travellers found this helpful
No Jolly Buoy is an uninhabited island which means there are no such facilities available here. There are toilet and facilities to change clothes though. Marine Park department does set-up a temporary stall which sells cold-drinks and snacks.
14 travellers found this helpful
You can get your breakfast packed from hotel and have on the way in morning or have it at a restaurant near Wandoor docks/Marine Museum. For the trip carry enough eatables to last till afternoon. You can have proper lunch once back from trip by afternoon/late-afternoon.
72 travellers found this helpful
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 1690 Per Person