Polonnaruwa and Minneriya Day Tour from Kandy
On this day tour visit Polonnaruwa and Minneriya - one an archaeological marvel and other a wildlife haven.
Tour the land filled with ancient structures and surrounded by dense nature. Polonnaruwa has a lot of remarkable monuments that are several centuries old. Old temples, historic buildings are spread across the city. Various historic remains like Gal Vihara, the Polonnaruwa Vatadage, Medirigiriya Vatadage, Sathmahal Prasada,the Shiva Temple, Lankathilaka Image House, Rankoth Vehera, Nissanka Latha Mandapaya are worth a visit.
Meet the wildlife on an animal safari through the Minneriya National Park. This place is famous for its elephant gathering where hundreds of elephants gather together and is a real treat to watch.
- Explore UNESCO-listed ancient ruined city of Polonnaruwa
- Watch elephants, leopard, and other wildlife on safari at the Minneriya National Park
- 7:00am - Trip starts with pick-up by an air conditioned vehicle and drive to Polonnaruwa
- 10:30am - Arrive at Polonnaruwa and take a morning cycling tour of one of the better kept ruins of ancient Ceylon – the UNESCO World Heritage City of Polonnaruwa, which was the medieval capital of Sri Lanka.
- 1:00pm - Break for lunch at local restaurant
- 2:30pm - Arrive at Minneriya National Park and start wildlife Safary by Jeep. Park has over 150 species of birds, many types of amphibians, reptiles, fish, and more than 78 butterfly species are found here. There are also rare bamboo trees not found in other national parks.
- 6:00pm - Finish Safari and head back to Kandy.
- 9.30pm - Trip ends with drop-off at your hotel in Kandy
- Roundtrip Transportation in Private Air Conditioned vehicle (Sedan Car or Van)
- Entrance Fees to Ancient Kingdom of Polonnaruwa
- National Park Fee at Minneriya National Park
- National Park Private Jeep Safari
- Service of an English Speaking Chauffeur Guide
- 1-Liter Water Bottle Per Person
Meet-up Information/Reporting Point
₹ 8262.75 Per Person