Kamalgad, or ‘lotus’ fort is perched precariously above the Krishna river valley. With views across the valley, it provides a strategic vantage point and important staging post for the valley below. It was taken over by the British in 1818. It’s surrounded by steep rocks. At a height of 4,400ft it’s reachable by scaling the rocky outcrop. Kamalgad offers fantastic views of the valley below.